For a moss-free lawn Westland Lawn Sand is ideal. It is used to control moss in established lawns. Lawn Sand blackens the moss and thickens the lawn, as well as making it a lush green colour. It also helps improve drainage for lawns growing on heavy soils.
- Traditional moss treatment
- Kills moss in days
- Feeds for greener and thicker results
- Each granule contains a blend of two ingredients that work together to condition your lawn:1. Lawn Fertiliser – a nitrogen fertiliser that feeds the grass, encourages growth, delivers a deeper green colour and a healthier lawn.
2. Ferrous Sulphate – kills the moss causing it to blacken and die
- Promotes drainage for lawns growing on heavy soils
- Kills moss quickly
- Greens up lawns
What to Expect
Your lawn should thicken and become a lush green colour. The moss will blacken as it dies. Any blackening of grass is only temporary and will grow out as you continue mowing.
Dead moss can be removed by raking or scarify 7-14 days after treatment.
Re- treatment may be necessary for heavy moss infestation, or if moss returns.
Do not apply more than 2 times in any one season. Allow 40 days between applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my children & pets go into the treated area?
A. Water the product in and allow lawn to dry to prevent the product from being transferred (on paws or shoes) from the lawn to other areas where it may stain.
Q. Why has my grass turned black after applying?
A. It is likely that the grass was wet when applied. The effect is temporary and will improve with subsequent mowings
Q. Can I use this product on a newly sown/turfed lawn?
A. No, only use on established lawns over one year old