February Gardening Jobs
Now that the daylight hours are getting slightly longer, we can welcome more visitors, keen on gardening, to the centre.
The plant area changes with the seasons, offering a huge range of perrennials, shrubs and climbers for your garden and patio.
- Maintain and clean your greenhouse. It's easy to just spray Jeyes Fluid inside and out (after cleaning the contents), leave for 2 weeks, then blast with the hosepipe. Then use fumigation smoke and you're ready to start growing again.
Sow sweet peas now.
- Plant now - ready for growing potfuls of Snowdrops, Crocus, Iris, Daffodils, Narcissi and Tulips.
large range of Thompson & Morgan seeds in store now from flowers to vegetables. Just ask us if you require any help or advice.
AVAILABLE IN STORE
- Great gardening accessories and tools.
- Range of seeds, bulbs, onion sets and seed potatoes.
- Fresh stocks just arrived, including Raspberries and Strawberries.
- Peach and grapes can now be planted in the greenhouse.
- Last chance to spray Winter Wash to clean up 'over wintering pests'.
- Choose vegetable seeds now.
- Dig over non-dug plots ready for spring.
- Apply manure to vegetable plots.
- A choice selection of late Winter to early Spring blooming pernnials and shrubs continue to arrive in our plant area.
- New stocks of alpines, fresh in, to brighten up your borders.
- Why not build a rockery or a trough garden.
FEED THE BIRDS
- We stock a fattening feast of wild bird seed & snacks to keep their little pecker's up during the cold months.